Teach on the Beach Service Learning offers students at all levels an eye-opening international experience and an opportunity to apply lessons from the classroom in the real world. Register Now
Students with diverse coursework, majors, and schools have already served with Teach on the Beach. Our After School and NewsHour programming is focused on teaching, but the subject, location and method of teaching is flexible and can be used creatively to apply a wide range of coursework – from literature to math, science to social studies, economics to social work.
Teach on the Beach is a national partner of the Bonner Foundation, a leading service learning institution providing service scholarships to undergraduates at 80 campuses nationwide. All TOB Service Learning volunteers benefit for the Bonner Foundations 20 years of experience and expertise in this field.
Benefits of TOB Service Learning Placements
- Unparalleled flexibility – you choose the dates, length, and focus area of your service learning experience, minimum 4 weeks.
- Framework & Structure - we have been living, working and teaching in Ghana for years and have created a productive environment free of distraction.
- In-country American staff support - you will have an experienced TOB staffer with you at all times to help you implement your great ideas
- Resources - our facilities are spacious, filled with books, computers, art supplies, musical instruments, and most importantly students who desperately want to learn
- Authentic international experience - we don't sugarcoat the problems or segregate ourselves from the people in the community. "I am Ghanaian and they are American" Aaron Adler, our founder, often says. You will live and breathe the real Ghana with us.
- Affordable! - international service often comes with a big price tag. With Teach on the Beach's Service learning program you pay only for your costs - accommodations, meals, and full time, on-site American project manager and project materials. Pricing is based on when you travel and how long you stay - go to the Alternative Spring Break and Summer Session pages for weekly program fees.
- Refund Policy. Given the needs of our organization - the needs of the children - we cannot offer refunds on any transaction. Deposits, housing, meal, transportation, excursion, and program fees collected are final and non-refundable.
- Volunteer Conduct. If a guest or volunteer blatantly violates the code of conduct (all guests are required to read and sign), they will be expelled from the house at their expense.
- Travel Insurance. All guests and volunteers are required to purchase travel insurance.