2013 Summer Service Adventure
Live, Breathe, and Teach Ghana
You are invited to join us for our 2nd beach-side summer session at our facilities located at the heart of Busua Beach. Our summer session directors will be coordinating volunteer activities from May 15th to August 15th. You can book for a minimum of two weeks, teach and relax on the beach, or book for two months and immerse yourself in Ghanaian culture.
The custom curriculum created by our VP of education Alison Hannon will keep you busy weekdays while Busua’s resorts will keep your nights lively. If you are feeling adventurous on the weekends, Teach on the Beach Scholars can take you on excursions to historic slave castles, one of West Africa’s last remaining rainforests, or high up into the beautiful mountains of the Volta region.
REGISTER NOW! Registration for May 2013 is closed.
- Dates: May 15th to August 15th
- Program Fee: $500, Weeks 1-4: $150 per week, Weeks 5-8: $125 per week
- Daily teaching In the Schools, After School and NewsHour
- Deadline to book: March 15, 2013
Included in trip cost:
- Pre-trip Orientation, in person or over Skype
- Invitation letter to Ghana and visa references.
- Beachside Accommodation at the TOB House - private self-contained volunteer rooms with beach balconies.
- Authentic Ghanaian dinner everyday
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Daily volunteer activities in Ghanaian classrooms and Teach on the Beach after school programs.
- Full-time session director always available for you
- Excursions (see Adventure Excursions)
- Travel Insurance (required) Teach on the Beach uses and recommends Travel Guard. Ask us for more information.
- Round trip airfare. Contact us for help taking advantage of group airfare rates.
- Refund Policy. Given the needs of our organization - the needs of the children - we cannot offer refunds on any transaction. Deposits, housing, meal, transportation, excursion, and program fees collected are final and non-refundable.
- Volunteer Conduct. If a guest or volunteer blatantly violates the code of conduct (all guests are required to read and sign), they will be expelled from the house at their expense.
- Travel Insurance. All guests and volunteers are required to purchase travel insurance.